To become Highly Productive, Follow These Simple Steps

To become Highly Productive, Follow these Simple Steps

To become Highly Productive – Follow These Simple Steps

Somehow all of us are familiar with highly productive persons. We must have observed them completing hours-long tasks within let’s say 20 minutes. We often call them a machine or robot because an ordinary human being is not capable of doing work as quickly as these people do. They are the person with maximum possible efficiency. Today we’re going to discuss what common habits they share? How they manage it?

  1. The focus is always on the most important tasks (MITs):
    Mostly when we are given some kind of tasks like a to-do list. It is easy to find out that some of them are more important than others. So the basic theory here is to complete 3-4 MIT first. In cases we will start doing all of them one by one, it might be possible that we end up completing a less important task and leaving behind the important ones.
    So it is important to make a to-do list for important tasks to complete them first. Otherwise, you may get exposed to procrastination for doing the easy task from the to-do list.
  2. Making a distraction list enables you to stay focused:
    Today we have a lot of distractions in the form of social media, emails, videos, news and many more. These things can easily distract you when you’re trying to be productive.
    So the better ways to avoid them is to make a distraction list and keep it nearby when you’re working. Whenever you are hit by distracting thought. Write it down on the list and go back to the work. This will save you time and increase your productivity.
  3. Rule of 80/20:
    80/20 principle, was discovered by an economist, of Italy Vilfredo Pareto. According to this principle, 80% of the result for any task is obtained with only 20% of the effort. The productive people use their maximum efficiency in getting last 20% of the result and after that, they try to figure out the ways to complete the remaining 80%, which gives them more time for those things making a big impact.
  4. Create small milestones:
    A big task often leads people to procrastination. Sometimes when we look at the to-do list with several tasks to complete. It becomes challenging for us to know where to start. The simple way of doing those difficult tasks is to break them in the smaller to-do list. That is, you can divide them into small milestones. This will increase your stamina by achieving one goal one after the other.
  5. Brakes are important:
    A short break after every 55 minutes is known as ideal for most productive people. Even the most productive people cannot focus for eight hours straight of their job. It is simply not possible. It does matter how much efficiency you have got you cannot get along without getting distracted. That is why having short breaks on regular interval make you more productive.
  6. Few decisions for less important things:
    Every day we face some important decisions and less important. If you want to be a productive person than you had to outsource less important decisions or to eliminate them.
  7. Stop wasting time on less efficient communication like emails:
    Emails are known as a bane for productive habits. Many people waste a lot of time checking their emails and replying to all of the notifications, whether they are irrelevant to them. When you are working deeply on any task, then keeping away these kinds of distraction can buy you a lot of time.
    The productive people always avoid irrelevant emails. They try to be very precise and to the point for making an email. This habit makes them highly productive.
  8. Learn from mistakes:
    Successful people always have a positive habit of learning from their mistakes. They do know how to complete work in a fast way, but they also want to come out with good work. While doing work quickly makes a high possibility of mistakes. Highly productive people try learning and improving at every possible mistake. When anything goes wrong, they analyzed it and search out ways to amend.
  9. Backup plans:
    There is always a possibility of things go wrong. It happens quite often with big plans. Sometimes they go wrong because of confusion or any other factors which we’re not controlling. So highly productive people have always plan B in place. How to handle that situation if it goes wrong?
  10. Work before getting motivation and inspiration:
    Inspiration and motivation always come after productivity. Most people tried to get inspiration or motivation before starting their work. On the other hand, highly productive people start works even without motivation and inspiration.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest updates

March 15, 2020 update – Bay River College Calgary Campus.