Every day will be a new day for a person having a career as a pharmacy assistant, depending on the tasks and challenges they had to face. That makes it very important to consider all the pros and cons of being a pharmacy assistant. It becomes crucial, significantly, when you invest in this career for the rest of your life.
Pros in Career as Pharmacy Assistant:
- The most significant advantage of this career is that it is the shortest path to start career in the healthcare Department. One can complete a diploma course of pharmacy assistant within 34 weeks, including an internship of 200 hours. The 34 weeks of this program will keep you busy throughout. And you will need a full-time study because the program will be fun as well as challenging.
- The diploma course for pharmacy assistant courses comprises every significant and minor training, including hands-on practice on the latest computer software performances, compounding prescriptions, and comprehensive knowledge of human anatomy.
- In addition to that he learns names of all kind of different generic and branded drugs After completing 34 weeks of training from Bay River College, the graduates will be ready to join any well-known pharmacy.
- The most important advantage is the positive impact the pharmacy assistant can have on people. Even experienced pharmacy assistants believe that customer PR can be counted as the best reward for this job. It becomes true mainly working at community pharmacists, where the pharmacy assistant is dealing same clients regularly.
- The pharmacy assistants are the person facing the clients even more than the pharmacist. Most of the clients interact with them to get their prescriptions and medication and answers to their queries. For that reason, friendly and compassionate people with good communication skills are perfect for this career.
- However, one cannot get bored because this work keeps people fresh and energizing, and they cannot feel their shifts flying by.
- The pharmacy assistants enjoy the variety in their work. In one single day. They can be preparing ointments, IVs, prescriptions, measuring solutions, updating inventory, helping clients with their queries, organizing patient records.
Cons in Career as Pharmacy Assistant:
- Working as a pharmacist means standing on your feet during working hours. That makes the job unsuitable for people suffering from backache or any diseases. That don’t allow them to stand for long hours. Whatsoever tasks were given, including completing the inventory, preparing prescriptions, dealing with clients, or answering phone calls, you will have to keep standing.
- Working in a busy pharmacy can get hectic during peak times. You might be dealing with different clients. You have to answer the phone calls while you are already preparing medication or updating patient records. Similarly, keeping that busy routine, the pharmacy assistant will have to manage inventory, handle the issues of insurance, and at some point, you need to give and to pharmacists whenever he is in need.
For Further Queries:
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with our admission advisors. They are available during our working hours and ready to guide you through the pharmacy assistant diploma program and its benefit. Moreover, if you doubt selecting your career, our admission advisors can provide you with counsel.