CompTIA A+ Certification
CompTIA A+ is an entry-level computer certification for aspiring computer technicians. The exam is exclusively designed to endorse the proficiency of computer service professionals in connecting, adapting, maintaining, and functioning personal computers. The certification is supported by the Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA). The accreditation validates skills in diverse domains including network management, information security, operating systems, software, cloud computing, and troubleshooting.
Get Certified in CompTIA A+
A+ certified technicians learn communication skills and customer service to efficiently interact with both technical and non-technical personnel. Our CompTIA Learning and Training offer inclusive learning resources to support the certification. These resources help in covering wide-ranging information as delineated in the CompTIA A+ exam objectives. Acquiring certification is more likely to be the best starting point to kick start your career as an IT professional.
- The A+ certification examination doesn’t require any prerequisites.
- It will introduce learners to the fundamental IT domains.
- The accreditation is internationally acknowledged for many IT occupations.
- A+ certification is a requirement for advanced certifications leading to renowned technical vendors such as IBM and Microsoft.
- The industry standard for IT careers in the forward-thinking digital world.
CompTIA A+ Certification: Learning Sources and Skills
Bay River College in association with CompTIA offers self-paced and interactive learning along with performance-based questions to help you ace the exam. By acquiring essential hands-on skills, you will have a deeper understanding of the subject and its practical aspects. Learners will get e-learning resources, books, exam preparation software, and lab experience. Whether you are looking forward to in-classroom or online training, learners will be guided by proficient and authorized training partners.
- Demonstration of security skills.
- Organizing device functioning systems including Linux, Android, and iOS, Chrome OS, cloud-based software, etc.
- Resolve and troubleshoot the core concerns with the application of best practices, change management, and documentation.
- Support fundamental IT infrastructure networking
- Implement essential data recovery techniques and backup
CompTIA A+ is a highly preferred qualifying credential for multiple IT operational roles and technical support. Here we have listed a few job roles you may be interested in:
- Service desk specialist
- Help desk tech
- Technical support professional
- Field service engineer
- Associate network engineer
- Data support operator
- Desktop support manager
- End-user computing technician
- Help desk operator
- System support expert