2 Academic years |
Diploma in Medical Assistant
Medical Assistants are healthcare professionals, who contribute to the health care sector by offering health care services. Medical Assistants provide medical services in hospitals [various departments, such as Emergency Department, Orthopedic Department, Ophthalmology Department (EYE)] and specialist clinics. In the public health sector, Medical Assistants, actively participate and contribute towards the implementation of diverse health programs. Medical assistants also provide Emergency Medical Care (pre-hospital care) services.
Broad scope of opportunity with local and international organizations.
- Fully equipped clinical set up with state of the art equipments
- Highly educated and experienced faculty
- Well planned exposure to research methodology
- Regular Orientation Classes & Training for Good Communication Skills, Evidence Based Practice and Continuous Medical Education (CME)
- Social and cultural practices for personal development
Students, with CGPA of 3.5 and above, may opt for Doctor of Medicine Program (M.D), offered by Partner Universities.
Pass the Certificate of Senior Secondary or equivalent qualification by obtaining at least five (5) credits in the following subjects:
– Two (2) subjects from Science and Mathematics (Biology / Chemistry, Science (Applied Science) / Additional Science, Additional Mathematics / ; and
– Pass English (preferences to candidates who earn credit in English)
There is a high demand for Medical Assistants in the public as well as private hospitals, medical centers, healthcare institutions, plantation sectors (estate hospitals), petroleum/gas sector (off-shore oil rig stations) and sport science units/clinics.
Accreditation: All courses are accreditation by DRPF and associated partners and international organizations.
All courses curriculum designed and approved by UN, UNESCO, UNEP and IUCN
Course Duration: Two Years