1 Academic year | 12 Months
Post Graduate Diploma in Education Diplomacy
About Education Diplomacy. What is Education Diplomacy? Why is it important for advancing education?
In short, Education Diplomacy is an innovative education leadership approach that helps educators and others to advance education’s potential by supporting better cooperation, collaboration and coordination both within the education sector and across related sectors such as health and social welfare.
Education Diplomacy is particularly important today as we know that it is only by working together that we can achieve real change in education and the world at large. The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, for example, call for us all to engage in greater levels of collaboration and partnership.
DRPF developed the concept of Education Diplomacy as an innovative approach to education leadership with an aspirational vision:
The Education Diplomacy Leadership course is for you if you are working to:
- Position the importance of education in achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Achieve the targets of Education SDG 4 for educational quality, access, and equity
- Address education challenges to advance education as a human right, equality, gender equity, girls’ education, disability inclusive education, education in emergency and fragile contexts, refugee education, and other challenges that require holistic solutions
- Build and share knowledge that contributes to education dialogue and understanding.
Course Description. What will the course cover? How is it formatted? How much time will it take?
Education Diplomacy Leadership is a skills-based, online/Face to face, independent-study course. Through the Education Diplomacy Leadership course, you will grow as an education leader by joining the Education Diplomacy field of practice and developing the skills understood through the Education Diplomacy Framework of Listen, Learn, Leverage, Lead, and Leap.
The Education Diplomacy Leadership course is a 12 Month, independent-study, online course that includes:
1. Pre-course Reflection
2. Introductory Readings, which set the scene for Education Diplomacy
3. 15 Skill Units
4. Capstone – a short project where you reflect on how Education Diplomacy will help you in your work
5. Downloadable resources and tools that will support your Education Diplomacy growth.
Audience. Who should take the course?
The Education Diplomacy Leadership course is targeted to individuals and groups who are leading change through education initiatives and are interested in expanding their leadership capacity by developing Education Diplomacy skills.
This course will be beneficial for you if you are working to advance education locally, nationally, or globally and your leadership position may be related to the following:
- Program Officer
- Education Specialist
- Research Analyst
- Policy Specialist
- Human Rights Officer
- Country Director
- Government Officer
- Ministry Official
- Education Consultant
- Project Manager
- Data Specialist
Learning Objectives. What will I take away from the course?
In this course, you will:
- Understand yourself as a leader of change through Education Diplomacy to advance education in local and global contexts.
- Develop Education Diplomacy skills and competencies understood through the “5Ls”—Listen, Learn, Leverage, Lead, and Leap.
- Consider the opportunities and challenges of applying Education Diplomacy in real-world contexts.
- Formulate a plan of action to advance your role as an education leader through the development of Education Diplomacy skills.
Accreditation: All courses are accreditation by DRPF and associated partners and international organizations.
All courses curriculum designed and approved by UN, UNESCO, UNEP and IUCN
Course Duration: One Year