Grab your best tools and get carving! Bay River College will be hosting our pumpkin carving contest on October 24, and everyone is invited to participate. We’ll even have prizes! There’s no better time to get into the Halloween groove.
Prizes will be awarded for the winning entries in three categories:
2. Most Original
Winners will receive:
1st Place: $50 Gift Card
2nd Place: $20 Gift Card
3rd Place: $15 Gift Card
Winners will be announced live at 11:30 am on Friday, October 25
Judging will take place Thursday afternoon, October 24th, when the pumpkins are lit up for display. All pumpkins will be judged based on design, detail, creativity, and originality. Prizes will be awarded as stated above and judges’ decisions are final.
Carved pumpkins must be delivered to Bay River College between October 23 at 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. on October 24. Any entries not checked-in by 12:00 p.m. on October 24 will be disqualified. When a participant submits a carved pumpkin, Bay River College staff member will complete an entry tag on which the participant’s entry number and entry category will be noted. These tags will be attached to the stem of the pumpkin.
All pumpkins must be removed by the participants by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, November 1. Any entries left after Monday will be disposed of.
Enter the Competition
Please register participation tickets on Eventbrite in order to be entered into the 2019 Pumpkin-Carving Contest.
Deadline to enter: October 21, 2019
Check-In: October 24 by 12:00 p.m.
Dos & Don’ts
1. Pumpkins must be delivered to Bay River College between Thursday, October 23rd between 10:00 am and Friday, October 24th by 12:00 pm. Any entries not checked-in by 12:00 pm on October 24 will be disqualified.
2. Pumpkins must be real. No plastic or otherwise artificial pumpkins allowed.
3. The carving of pumpkins must be completed prior to delivery
4. No foreign objects may be used in the construction of the carved pumpkin (i.e., toothpicks, glue, yarn, paint, pins, leaves, flowers, etc.)
5. Parents are welcome to help their children; however, carved pumpkins should reflect the age and abilities of the child.
6. Each pumpkin will have to have a hole of sufficient size (minimum 4” in diameter) to allow Peddler’s Village staff to illuminate it from the inside with a battery-operated candle. Participants may not supply their own lighting devices.
7. Pumpkin entries deemed inappropriate will not be judged or displayed.
8. Only one entry per person.
9. Bay River College is not responsible for any scarecrows on display
1. A strong idea is key. Sometimes the best entries are the simplest, yet most recognizable.
2. The craftsmanship can make or break the overall look of a project.
If you have any questions, please contact :
Business Development Officer
Tel : (403) 399-1380
EVENT INFO :
- Start Date:October 23, 2019
- Start Time:10:00
- End Date:October 24, 2019
- End Time:12:00
- Location:Bay River College